py25-* package building on Leopard

Brian Barnes bcbarnes at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 13:05:56 PST 2008

Hello,

I have recently successfully installed py25-pyx (with texlive), py25-
zlib, and py25-tkinter on Intel Leopard with macports 1.6.0.  There is
an outstanding trac ticket regarding py25-zlib:
http://trac.macports.org/projects/macports/ticket/13406

In the ticket, an initial build failure is solved by either retrying
the 'port install' command for py25-zlib, or examining the error
message, going into the indicated directory, executing the desired
command (also from the error message), leaving that directory and
retrying the 'port install' command.

I would like to mention that today, I experienced that identical error
with a different package, py25-tkinter.  The solution was exactly the
same, too.  I thought it was curious enough to have the same kind of
install error with two different python 2.5 packages that I'd mention
it on the list, so that anyone else affected by this (perhaps with
other packages) is aware of the simple workaround.

Macports on Leopard is working great.  Apple would be wise to promote
this on their website, or throw some serious money behind it (if they
haven't already)!  Thanks, maintainers.

Brian