unable to upgrade port py25-scipy

Harry Parker harrylparker at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 13:49:57 PST 2008

I have been having trouble for several weeks upgrading port py25-scipy.

Today I did a port selfupdate and successfully upgraded g95 and tried to
upgrade py25-scipy from from version 0.6.0_0.
The attempted upgrade ends with:

-------
building 'scipy.interpolate.dfitpack' extension
error: extension 'scipy.interpolate.dfitpack' has Fortran sources but no
Fortran compiler found

Warning: the following items did not execute (for py25-scipy):
org.macports.destroot org.macports.build
Error: Unable to upgrade port: 1
-------

I tried this with the default variant and with the +g95 variant set
explicitly.
This is on a PowerPC G4 recently upgraded to Mac OS X 10.4.11.

Any ideas?