Rebuild after Xcode update?

Anders F Björklund afb at macports.org
Wed Jan 2 01:26:00 PST 2008

Boey Maun Suang wrote:

> As for the compatibility of code built with Xcode 2.5 with that built
> with
> Xcode 2.2.1, I think that they should be largely compatible, as my
> reading
> of the release notes from 2.2.1 to 2.5 is that there have only been
> bugfixes and feature enhancements to Xcode's GCC in that time, rather
> than
> any deliberate compatibility-breaking changes.  If that's the case, any
> incompatibilities ought to be due to incorrect code produced by Xcode.

Xcode 2.4.1 is largely compatible, and fixes the Intel 64-bit issues
that
makes using Xcode 2.2.1 not work for compiling some ports that want
it...

Xcode 2.5, on the other hand, introduces some breaking changes so that
it
can run in a prefix on Leopard - such as not including
/usr/share/libtool:

http://trac.macports.org/projects/macports/ticket/13334
http://trac.macports.org/projects/macports/ticket/13736

--anders