Can I tell MacPorts a package is installed?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Jan 5 17:06:52 PST 2008

On Jan 5, 2008, at 18:58, skip at pobox.com wrote:

> I'm still plugging away at getting glade3 installed.  My latest
> problem port
> is py25-wxpython.  I get a compile error (syntax error of some sort -
> unexpected ; or something).  I decided to try simply building and
> installing
> it from source.  Worked fine.  Now, is there some way to tell the port
> command to ignore the dependency of glade3 on py25-wxpython so I can
> continue with my fumbling attempts at installing it?

Not really. MacPorts isn't designed to be used in that way. MacPorts
is designed to install "all" its software and dependencies itself.
(There are exceptions, but py25-wxpython is not one of them.) If you
can install it from source, but not install the port, then it should
be relatively easy to fix the port. You should search the issue
tracker and if there is not a bug you should file one. Then you could
work with the maintainers of the port to see if you can help them
resolve the problem.