MacPorts 1.6 still supports OS X 10.3 Panther?

Chris Janton face at CentosPrime.COM
Sun Jan 6 16:08:36 PST 2008

On 2008-01-06 , at 14:44 , Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> Ok, so you've discovered that Kevin's latest attempt did not fix
> the issue.
>
> Perhaps you could try what I suggested to discover which change
> caused the issue in the first place?
>
> http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-users/2008-January/
> 008061.html

> Probably what we should do first is determine the specific commit /
> revision / changeset that broke the build on Panther. I don't think
> we've established that yet. My wild guess was revision 29498. To test
> whether that's the culprit, check out trunk at r29497 and build it on
> Panther. If it builds, then check out trunk at r29498 and build it.
> If it fails, then r29498 broke the build, and we can further analyze
> the changes made in that revision.

OK. I can do that. Just a tiny bit more help (I'm good at following
directions, but not so good at understanding the ins and outs of svn)

How do I

	"check out trunk at r29497"

I assume that the configure, make, sudo make install apply for all of
the tests.
Once I figure out how to check out the right copy of the source I can
apply the same method again (and again, and again...)

Thanks.

8)