New Scribus version out

Thorsten Zörner mail at thorstenzoerner.de
Tue Jan 8 16:36:04 PST 2008

On 09.01.08, at 00:27, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Jan 8, 2008, at 17:24, Thorsten Zörner wrote:

>>> okay, found the Portfile to change, found the place to change the
>>> version number...
>>> How do I find the correct checksums: md, sha1, rmd160 of the new
>>> version?
>>
>> Okay, no worries, I've found it. Something along this line:
>> %% md5 rrdtool-1.2.23.tar.gz
>> %% openssl sha1 rrdtool-1.2.23.tar.gz
>> %% openssl rmd160 rrdtool-1.2.23.tar.gz
>
> Yes, except presumably you mean to use a scribus distfile, not an
> rrdtool distfile.
>
> This should all be addressed in the guide, by the way. For example,
> checksums are section 4.2.12:
>
> http://guide.macports.org/#development.creating-portfile
>
> If you have any suggestions about things which are missing or
> unclear in the guide, please bring them up. The guide is still new
> and a work in progress.

Ryan, mission accomplished.

Scribus 1.3.3.10 downloads, compiles and runs all right.
Filed a TRAC ticket right here http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/ticket/13880

The guide helped me a big deal.
I only took a long time to search WHERE my portfiles live - that could
be explained a little better.

Ah, and there is even a description of how to file a TRAC ticket...
So I conclude, there seems to be almost everything in the guide already,
but I find it still tricky to find. Maybe a "situational" ordering
would be preferable
over an "organizational" ordering...

If I can help anyone with it, I volunteer to be the maintainer for
Scribus.

Good night,
Thorsten.