MacPorts 1.6.0 dmg now available for Panther (Mac OS X 10.3)

Boey Maun Suang boeyms at macports.org
Thu Jan 10 21:49:51 PST 2008

Hi Larry,

On 11/01/2008, at 2:58 AM, Larry Snyder wrote:

> Thanks for doing this, and for sending out the email.  Unfortunately,
> I get the following at the 'summary' stage of installing:
>
> "Installation had errors.  Install Failed.  The following install
> step failed: run postflight script for MacPorts.  Contact the
> software manufacturer for assistance"

There have been some problems reported with the postflight script,
including in this thread [1].  Juan's the person who knows about the
script, so you'd be best off asking him for help, but you should at
least try the troubleshooting steps in that thread to see if your
problem is the same or slightly different.  I hope that that helps.

Kind regards,

Maun Suang

[1] http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-users/2008-January/
thread.html#8169