View of non maintained packages

James Berry jberry at macports.org
Sun Jan 13 14:28:15 PST 2008

Hi Rolf,

On Jan 13, 2008, at 1:31 PM, Rolf Würdemann wrote:
>> Gosh, there is a lot of packages not maintained !
>>
>> It could be interesting to launch a call for maintainers on the
>> blog ?
>
> Hmmm - I'm a maintainer of three ports - and waiting since one to
> three
> weeks for commitments ...
>
> If this happens to new maintainers - think they will not be
> maintainers
> for very long

I would encourage you, and anybody else who is a maintainer and who
would like to be able to do their own commits, to simply apply for
committer status. We are not particularly selective about giving out
commit bits, as long as the individual has shown that they can
maintain ports in a trustworthy fashion.

http://trac.macports.org/projects/macports/wiki/NewCommittersGuide

James