follow-up to early Q about package maintainers

Stefmit stefmit at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 07:26:09 PST 2008

I apologize for coming back to this, but I have - I hope this time - a more
constructive question: where do I find a quick tutorial on how to use and
possibly help the macports process of package maintenance and updating? I am
not a programmer, so I won;t be able to produce source from scratch, but I
can find my way around code (having helped source code maintenance, at least
as tester, for some network stuff for macosx - mostly informal) enough to
lend a hand, at least with testing and ticket updates ...

TIA,
Stefan

P.S. I am dying for the libpcap fix - my expertise is in network (and
associated security) and without this one properly done majority of my tools
are practically useless