newbie help wanted with installing/using netpbm through macports

Matthew Woods mattness at mac.com
Mon Jan 14 15:56:02 PST 2008

I actually tried downloading the ppd first but it didn't work.  I assume
because it was compiled under linux and is slightly different.  There is
also an OSX faq on the site that specifically mentions this driver saying:

ALPS Microdry

Which driver do I use?
Use the free software printer driver ppmtomd You will have to compile it
under OS X to use it.

unfortunately it doesn't give better instructions on how to go about it.

Where would I put gcc -I=/opt/local/bin or find C_INCLUDE_PATH?

Thanks,

-Matt