ClusterSSH / Leopard Fix

Neil Getker ngetker at mac.com
Tue Jan 15 10:03:53 PST 2008

I posted a thread on here awhile ago, detailing problems with
ClusterSSH and Leopard.

I found a solution a few days later, but never posted it.  Someone
emailed me a couple of days ago
so here is the solution for all, enjoy.

 From either an upgrade or a clean install of Leopard:

(If old caches exist from a upgrade, remove from /var/cache)

Install All SDK/XCODE 3.0 Tools.

After that, from a Terminal:

sudo /usr/bin/perl -MCPAN -e shell

install CPAN::Bundle

(wait too fucking long)

force install Tk
force install X11::Protocol

After that, download clusterssh from http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=89139

untar, cd into dir

sudo perl -f Makefile

This will install it to /usr/local/bin/

WOAH NELLY!  Don't run it yet, won't work.

You need a few things leopard doesn't install by default that tiger did:

An xinitrc, copy the system default from:

cp /usr/X11/lib/X11/xinit/xinitrc ~/.xinitrc

A bashrc to set ur enviornment variables.

Here is mine:

source /etc/profile
DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:0.0;export DISPLAY

Now, you can run X11 and you should see a normal prompt in xterm, not
the weird bash 3.21#

And just running cssh or whatever works fine.

-Neil