MacPorts and a2ps

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Jan 15 15:04:26 PST 2008

On Jan 15, 2008, at 11:05, Chad Chamberlin wrote:

> I need help with installing a2ps.  I think I am getting a fairly
> simple
> error.  I am brand new to MacPorts and recently installed it just
> so that I
> could install a2ps.  I did contact the maintainer of a2ps,
> mike at pentangle.net, but he is on vacation for three weeks. I believe I
> installed MacPorts correctly and believe I have successfully
> installed the
> aspell port but am getting the following error when trying to
> install a2ps:
>
> Error: Target org.macports.patch returned: error copying
> "/usr/share/libtool/config.guess": no such file or directory
>

> I am not sure if this is the right user list for this.  I did read
> as many
> things as I could find at MacPorts.org and did not find anything
> pertaining
> to this problem.
>
> Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

[snip]

> Error: Target org.macports.patch returned: error copying
> "/usr/share/libtool/config.guess": no such file or directory

This is "the Xcode 2.5 problem" again. Xcode 2.5 no longer provides /
usr/share/libtool/. There are a handful of ports that made use of
files in that directory. Those ports should all be fixed to depend on
the libtool port instead and get the files from there. Some weeks ago
I posted a list of all affected ports. I don't know if there's a
ticket yet. I have Xcode 2.5 on a machine here so I can try to work
on this if nobody else does first.