How to Get Mac Apps on the Mac OS X Dock?

Jeffrey Thompson jthompsonic at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 13:43:31 PST 2008

Based on what you said to do, here's what I did (I have Leopard):
   1. I double clicked
the /opt/local/share/icons/hicolor/64x64/apps/gimp.png file, which
opened it in preview
   2. Then I did an Edit->Select All, and then Edit->Copy
   3. Then I located the Script Application file and did a "Get Info" on
it.
   4. Then, I clicked the top left icon (it gets a blue highlight around
it) and did a paste command (APPLEKEY+V)

And now I have a Gimp Icon on my Dock.  Thanks for the info.