configuring alsa-lib

Michael Franz mvfranz at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 06:29:24 PST 2008

My new project is compiling alsa-lib 1.0.15. There seems to logic in the
configuration and other files for the regular flavors
(freebsd/linux/darwin/..) so I feel somewhat confident this can be
accomplished. As I am not all that familar with autoconf and some of the
standard tools I will probably have some pretty simple questions for you
gurus.
My first question has to deal with endian.h. It seems that linux has it as a
standard include, but darwin uses machine/endian.h . I figure that I can
patch the source (alsa) to use one or the other based on something from
configure. In the past I have seen/used something like HAVE_XXXX_H around
specific includes. Is there a better way to approach this problem?

Michael