Fwd: Checksum failure with ncbi-tools, then missing getfeat.

Matt Scilipoti mattscilipoti at possiamo.com
Mon Jan 21 07:15:34 PST 2008

Hello all,

Thanks for providing a service like macports and going through the
effort of creating ports.

I hope you can help me.  I'm trying to install ncbi_tools, but I get a
checksum error:

% sudo port install ncbi_tools
--->  Fetching ncbi_tools
--->  Attempting to fetch ncbi.tar.gz from
ftp://ftp.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/toolbox/ncbi_tools/
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for ncbi_tools
Error: Checksum (md5) mismatch for ncbi.tar.gz
Error: Target org.macports.checksum returned: Unable to verify file checksums

We managed to get the file, md5 it, update the local portfile, and
start the install, only to find that getfeat is missing?

% sudo port install ncbi_tools
Portfile changed since last build; discarding previous state.
--->  Fetching ncbi_tools
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for ncbi_tools
--->  Extracting ncbi_tools
--->  Configuring ncbi_tools
--->  Building ncbi_tools
--->  Staging ncbi_tools into destroot
Error: Target org.macports.destroot returned: xinstall: Cannot stat:
/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_science_ncbi_tools/work/ncbi/bin/getfeat,
No such file or directory

Any ideas?

For future reference...
A google search shows that the checksum error has occurred before.
This is one of the reasons many libraries have started including
version numbers in the file name.  This practice also ensures that
prior versions of the libraries remain available.

Thanks for attention in this matter.

--
Matt Scilipoti
Port  v 1.600