gcc43 and Java/GCJ

Michael Franz mvfranz at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 12:18:59 PST 2008

Hi,
I noticed that the gcc43 port does not have java configured.  Are there
issues with building the Java language in this build?  The fortran language
is also not configured, but it is listed as variant.
If no one has already requested the java support, I would like to be the
first.  I have tried to compile with the java enabled but it fails on the
x86_64 linking.  I am building on OS X 10.4.11.

Michael

/usr/bin/ld: fatal error in /usr/bin/ld64
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[5]: *** [libgcj.la] Error 1

make[4]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: *** [multi-do] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all-multi] Error 2
make[1]: *** [all-target-libjava] Error 2
make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2