Problem with PHP and libxslt

Chris Janton face at CentosPrime.COM
Tue Jan 22 08:50:42 PST 2008

On 2008-01-21 , at 12:33 , Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> I've never heard of this problem before. It works fine for me, and
> for Chris, though we're both using Tiger, not Leopard. This seems
> to be the bug you filed with the PHP team:
>
> http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=43883
>
> You may want to take their advice and ask in their support channels
> what to do next. Unfortunately, I don't have any further
> suggestions. If anyone else reading this is using PHP on a PowerPC
> Mac and could try Jonas' reproduction recipe and let us know
> whether or not it works for you, that would be great.

PPC - 10.5.1
   apache2 @2.2.6_0 (active)
   libxml2 @2.6.30_0 (active)
   libxslt @1.1.22_0 (active)
   php5 @5.2.5_1+apache2+macosx+mysql5+pear+sqlite (active)

command line PHP works just fine.
attempt to access the PHP file using apache2 (from  the web) and it
fails. Apache error log says

	[Tue Jan 22 09:24:09 2008] [notice] child pid 230 exit signal Bus
error (10)

So it's an issue with Apache and the libraries?

The simple test (isolating which call fails) says this line

	$xslt->importStyleSheet(DomDocument::loadXML($xslData));

fails. If you provide an invalid xsl file (like an empty string)
warnings are issued for both importStyleSheet and transformToXML.

8)