py-PyX package update?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Jan 22 21:46:14 PST 2008

On Jan 22, 2008, at 19:01, Brian Barnes wrote:

> Package PyX is at version 0.9:
> http://trac.macports.org/projects/macports/browser/trunk/dports/
> python/py-pyx/Portfile
>
> Version 0.10 has been available since last fall:
> http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.pyx.users/cutoff=744
> http://pyx.sourceforge.net/
>
> ...and a portfile ticket has been submitted which includes pyx 0.10
> with a python 2.5 dependency (it is not clear to me if this
> dependency is truly required by pyx):
> http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/attachment/ticket/
> 13277/Portfile
> This portfile also has a tetex dependency, but perhaps texlive
> would also work for it?
>
> Anyway, it would be nice to have the newer one.  :)  I was going to
> open a trac ticket until I did a search and saw this ticket was
> submitted two months ago.  If anyone gets around to updating the
> port, thank you!
>
> -Brian
> cc: to jmpp as last committer to the py-pyx portfile, which has
> nomaintainer.  my apology if this is considered spam!

The last commit to py-pyx was r30249 which was part of a batch change
affecting hundreds of ports:

http://trac.macports.org/projects/macports/changeset/30249

So yes, emailing jmpp about this port based on that commit would not
be appropriate.

I also don't want to commit this update, or any other python update,
because I don't know anything about or use python. Someone who knows
about and uses python should take care of such tickets.