how to reconfigure f2py

Adam Mercer ram at macports.org
Fri Jan 25 12:35:57 PST 2008

On Jan 25, 2008 3:04 PM, Dexter Douglas <luomo1138 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I am having troubles using f2py with g95.

<snip>

> Would someone please tell how to reconfigure f2py?

The short answer is that the g95 fortran compiler is not supported on
Mac OS X as the appropriate linking flags have not been implemented.
I've just committed r33371 which make numpy and scipy depend on gcc42
until g95 linking is implemented in numpy.

The longer answer is that numpy/distutils/fcompiler/g95.py needs to be
modified (along the lines of numpy/distutils/fcompiler/gnu.py) so that
it knows how to link on Mac OS X.  I'm looking into this and hopefully
will be able to send a patch upstream.

Cheers

Adam