matplotlib: no interactive backends appear to work

John Owens john_owens at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 26 15:42:41 PST 2008

Guido Soranzio <guido.soranzio <at> gmail.com> writes:

> The variant "tkinter" is the default and the only one you
> have installed: the other backends cannot work because
> you haven't installed their dependencies yet (i.e. py25-cairo).

I installed py25-cairo and now it runs the script without error
but nothing happens (no popup graph, no file produced).

Would it be helpful to have a port of some kind that did all
the dependencies for all the backends, or an easier way to
say 'please install the following backend'.

I still don't get any interactive backends doing anything at
all, including tk, though I'm happy I can get ps output.

JDO