bug for installing Macports?

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Sun Jan 27 22:17:34 PST 2008

On Jan 28, 2008, at 1:26 AM, Hector Zenil wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have installed both XCode Tools and X11 on my Mac and I am getting
> this failed message at the end of the installation:
>
> Install Failed: "run postflight script"
>

> However it seems that it makes the install into the /opt directory so
> when I try to run it I get this another message concerning rsync:
>
> $maccomputer:~ userz$ sudo /opt/local/bin/port install aspell-en
> Warning: Can't open index file for source:
> rsync://rsync.macports.org/release/ports/
> $maccomputer:~ userz$
>
> Is this a known bug for Leopard or am I missing something? I had this
> running fine on my Tiger installation, I just updated the OS. And I am
> beginning to regret it...
>
> Thanks for any help.

	As I recently replied to a similar thread:

	If you installed MacPorts off any of our 1.6.0 pkg installers, then
you experienced a known bug in the script that's supposed to set up
your shell environment for the use with MacPorts: a shell type is not
detected and therefore no actions are taken. Easiest way around it is
to download the new one and run it manually:

curl -O http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/branches/release_1_6/base/portmgr/dmg/postflight
  && chmod +x postflight && sudo ./postflight

	This will give you a MacPorts compatible environment by setting up
your PATH, MANPATH and DISPLAY environment variables (you can read
about how we do that at http://guide.macports.org/#installing.shell).
Please do let me know if you experience any problems, in which case
sending me a compressed copy of your /var/log/install.log file would
help a great deal.

	Regards,..

-jmpp