bug for installing Macports?

Hector Zenil hzenilc at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 12:30:53 PST 2008

I still have this problems to run the macports application, could
somebody help me? Thanks!

$sudo /opt/local/bin/port install
Can't map the URL 'file://.' to a port description file ("Could not
find Portfile in /opt/local/bin").
Please verify that the directory and portfile syntax are correct.
To use the current port, you must be in a port's directory.
(you might also see this message if a pseudo-port such as
outdated or installed expands to no ports).
Error: Unable to open port: Could not find Portfile in /opt/local/bin

$sudo /opt/local/bin/port install aspell
Warning: Can't open index file for source:
rsync://rsync.macports.org/release/ports/

$sudo /opt/local/bin/port install aspell-dict-en
Warning: Can't open index file for source:
rsync://rsync.macports.org/release/ports/

 Even for the selfupdate I get error messages:

 $ sudo port selfupdate
 Error: /opt/local/bin/port: port selfupdate failed: Couldn't sync the
 ports tree: Synchronization the local ports tree failed doing rsync

 and fails.

--
Hector Zenil-Chavez
hector.zenil-chavez at malix.univ-paris1.fr