Nothing is working :(

Lucite macports at yoktan.com
Tue Jul 8 14:53:19 PDT 2008

Hi,

I really thought I followed every guideline, but thus far all installs
are failing, from the complex gimp2 & gimp-app to the simple xgalaga.

Any help MUCH appreciated.

1/
AFAIK I have Xcode 3.0 and X11. But perhaps I'm missing some part of
Xcode 3.0 (I'm not sure if I installed everything).

2/
  I installed the latest Leopard (Universal) macports via the .dmg
installer

3/
sudo port -v selfupdate

4/
I tried installing gimp2 with the following (sudo was necessary to
allow the creation of directories):

sudo port install gimp2 +darwin_9

Which resulted in these errors:

Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: Image error: /opt/local/
lib/perl5/5.8.8/Getopt/Long.pm is being used by the active perl5.8
port.  Please deactivate this port first, or use the -f flag to force
the activation.
Warning: the following items did not execute (for p5-getopt-long):
org.macports.activate
Error: The following dependencies failed to build: libgnomeui gnome-
icon-theme icon-naming-utils p5-getopt-long p5-xml-simple p5-xml-
namespacesupport p5-xml-sax p5-xml-parser gnome-keyring gconf glib2
gtk2 atk cairo fontconfig freetype libpixman libpng render xrender
jpeg pango Xft2 xorg-xproto xorg-util-macros shared-mime-info libxml2
tiff intltool gnome-common orbit2 libidl libgcrypt libgpg-error
libtasn1 libbonoboui dbus dbus-glib gnome-vfs desktop-file-utils popt
gnome-mime-data openssl libbonobo libglade2 libgnome esound audiofile
libgnomecanvas gail libgtkhtml libmng autoconf help2man p5-locale-
gettext m4 automake lcms libtool librsvg libcroco libgsf libwmf
poppler poppler-data py25-gtk py25-cairo py25-numpy fftw-3 py25-
hashlib python25 py25-gobject libxslt

Here is my output for 'installed' (after I tried to install gimp-app
which also resulted in errors):

(notice that the p5-getopt-long @2.37_0 is not active)

   aalib @1.4rc5_3 (active)
   atk @1.22.0_1 (active)