Nothing is working :(

Randall Wood randall.h.wood at alexandriasoftware.com
Tue Jul 8 15:32:49 PDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 5:53 PM, Lucite <macports at yoktan.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I really thought I followed every guideline, but thus far all installs
> are failing, from the complex gimp2 & gimp-app to the simple xgalaga.

> Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: Image error: /opt/local/
> lib/perl5/5.8.8/Getopt/Long.pm is being used by the active perl5.8
> port.  Please deactivate this port first, or use the -f flag to force
> the activation.
> Warning: the following items did not execute (for p5-getopt-long):
> org.macports.activate

This error indicates that two ports both want to install the file Long.pm
The solution in this case is:

sudo port -f install p5-getopt-long

This is common problem with p5-* ports that update parts of the perl
5.8 installed by macports.

When you encounter this kind of error, use the above command with the
port in question, and then attempt to install gimp or xgalaga again.

> Error: The following dependencies failed to build: libgnomeui gnome-
> icon-theme icon-naming-utils p5-getopt-long p5-xml-simple p5-xml-
> namespacesupport p5-xml-sax p5-xml-parser gnome-keyring gconf glib2
> gtk2 atk cairo fontconfig freetype libpixman libpng render xrender
> jpeg pango Xft2 xorg-xproto xorg-util-macros shared-mime-info libxml2
> tiff intltool gnome-common orbit2 libidl libgcrypt libgpg-error
> libtasn1 libbonoboui dbus dbus-glib gnome-vfs desktop-file-utils popt
> gnome-mime-data openssl libbonobo libglade2 libgnome esound audiofile
> libgnomecanvas gail libgtkhtml libmng autoconf help2man p5-locale-
> gettext m4 automake lcms libtool librsvg libcroco libgsf libwmf
> poppler poppler-data py25-gtk py25-cairo py25-numpy fftw-3 py25-
> hashlib python25 py25-gobject libxslt

This simply lists everything that port was attempting to install at this time.

--
Randall Wood
randall.h.wood at alexandriasoftware.com

"The rules are simple: The ball is round. The game lasts 90 minutes.
All the rest is just philosophy."