Dependencies relationship to default variants?

Tabitha McNerney tabithamc at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 20:51:53 PDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 11:13 PM, Rainer Müller <raimue at macports.org> wrote:

[SNIP]

> Dependencies are mainly set on ports. There are also other dependency
> types,

>From the documentation, I was under the impression that there are only two
classes of dependencies: port and file dependencies: <
http://guide.macports.org/#reference.dependencies.types > but I do see your
point (text below) about non-explicit mention of a system dependency such as
Xcode.

> but dependencies on system stuff is currently not specified. For
> example we don't add a dependency on Xcode to each and every port :-)

Ok. But how many instances of "system stuff" do we have to keep track of
besides Xcode in regard to dependencies that are not very easily *
identifiable* as wither a port of file dependency?

Thanks,

T.M.

[SNIP]