macport libusb install?

Bryan Blackburn 0x62_0x6c_0x62 at pobox.com
Mon Jul 28 23:52:16 PDT 2008

On Jul 29, 2008, at 12:30 AM, liam at makingthings.com wrote:

> Hi - just tried installing libusb and stumbled on some of the
> instructions
> at http://libusb.dar...rts.com.

Ignore anything and everything at that domain, it's not affiliated
with MacPorts in any way...

> Firstly, it says "cd /opt/local/bin/portslocation/dports/libusb" but
> I'm
> not sure what that path is actually supposed to be.  Any tips?  I
> tried
> installing with out taking that step, and the installer finished
> with no
> complaints, but afterwards I'm not able to get any info on where it's
> installed (or if it actually is).  Both 'man' and 'which' libusb
> fail to
> return any results and 'locate' just returns

Running 'port contents libusb' should show you what files it has
installed.  Like anything installed with MacPorts, it should install
its files somewhere under /opt/local.  I notice it doesn't install any
man pages or documentation, so your best bet is probably the project's
web site (you can use 'port gohome libusb' to open a web browser to it).

> /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/
> devel/libusb
> /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/
> devel/libusb/Portfile
> /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/
> devel/libusb/files
> /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/
> devel/libusb/files/patch-darwin.c.diff

Note that the locate database is only updated once a week by default,
so if you just installed it, locate won't be too helpful.

Bryan