New Howto

Tabitha McNerney tabithamc at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 00:50:32 PDT 2008

On 6/5/08, Tabitha McNerney <tabithamc at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6/5/08, Jordan K. Hubbard <jkh at apple.com> wrote:
>>

>> On Jun 5, 2008, at 8:42 AM, Lorin Rivers wrote:
>>
>> > Awesome! I did not even know about these How To's.
>> >
>> > You know, it's actually kind of hard to find them, if you don't know
>> > about where they are in the first place. I think they deserve more
>> > prominence. There should be a link from the documentation area of
>> > the main MacPorts site to the HowTo's.
>>

>> I'm still of the opinion that we should install mediawiki on the site
>> and turn these "howtos" into full-blown, collaboratively maintained
>> reference pages worthy of wikipedia (but, unlike wikipedia, also free
>> to be relevant only in the context of projects hosted at macosforge).
>> What do other folks think?
>

> A fantastic idea! And MediaWiki is itself a MacPort. Very cool!

An update after I read the rest of the thread ... if I recall, MacPorts.org
is graciously hosted on servers provided by Apple true? Xserve? MacPro
tower? If so, then what about the software -- is it Mac OS X Server or Mac
OS X? If OS X Server, is it Leopard? If so, could we then avail of Apple's
built-in-to-Leopard-Server Wiki? Just another thought.

Thanks,

T.M.

Tabitha