Problems with Gnucash, Aqbanking since OSX Leopard upgrade

Daniel Horwood mp at dpj.sent.com
Sat Jun 7 01:32:07 PDT 2008

On 07/06/2008, at 1:58 PM, A. Osthoff wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have been using Gnucash with Aqbanking under Tiger for about a year
> without a problem. Recently, I bought a new iMac und hence had to do a
> fresh install.
> Under OSX 10.5.2 I installed Gnucash 2.2.5, aqbanking 2.3.3_0 with the
> help of Macports 1.6.
> I am able to configure the Online Banking access via HBCI, yet every
> time I try to access the account, I get an error message
>
> (...)
> Empfangenes Konto: ?????? /  ?????
> Aufträge werden kodiert
> Aufträge werden gesendet
> Fehler beim Senden (Netzwerk-Fehler) --> Error while Sending
> (Network Error)
>
> Verbindung von Bank trennen
> Getrennt
> AqHBCI abgeschlossen.
>
> The error is the same across different banks, so I exclude wrong
> configuration as the cause ...
>
> Thanks,
> 	Andreas

Hi Andreas, I think this is an issue with aqbanking or gwenhywfar.
Googling 'aqbanking "network error"' returns a few promising links in
German (which I don't speak). Also, the gnucash wiki - http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/AqBanking
  - states that this is a known problem on windows and provides a link
to a possible patch, which you could try.
Unfortunately I can't test it because none of my banks support any
kind of connection :-(

Dan