Problems with Gnucash, Aqbanking since OSX Leopard upgrade

David Reiser dbreiser at gmail.com
Sat Jun 7 10:16:32 PDT 2008

On Jun 7, 2008, at 1:58 AM, A. Osthoff wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have been using Gnucash with Aqbanking under Tiger for about a year
> without a problem. Recently, I bought a new iMac und hence had to do a
> fresh install.
> Under OSX 10.5.2 I installed Gnucash 2.2.5, aqbanking 2.3.3_0 with the
> help of Macports 1.6.
> I am able to configure the Online Banking access via HBCI, yet every
> time I try to access the account, I get an error message
>
> (...)
> Empfangenes Konto: ?????? /  ?????
> Aufträge werden kodiert
> Aufträge werden gesendet
> Fehler beim Senden (Netzwerk-Fehler) --> Error while Sending
> (Network Error)
>
> Verbindung von Bank trennen
> Getrennt
> AqHBCI abgeschlossen.
>
> The error is the same across different banks, so I exclude wrong
> configuration as the cause ...
>
> Thanks,
> 	Andreas

If the Macports available ports list is accurate, you may want to try
requesting or creating an updated port for gwenhywfar. The port list
says it is at 2.5.3. The last released version for gwenhywfar before
the version 3 series (started with 2.9.x) is 2.6.2. Since I pushed
gwenhywfar in fink from 2.4.? to 2.6.2 just after Leopard came out, I
suspect there were some changes in there required when OS X 10.5 came
out. Gwenhywfar handles all the network activity for aqbanking.
Gnucash is not yet able to use aqbanking/gwenhywfar 3.x.

I don't think the other suggestion of using the proposed patch for the
windows version will work. Using a sleep command in gwenhywfar to
enable some connections was initiated for the mac version in gwen
2.2.0. The real fix for this problem was committed upstream just after
2.6.2 was released, so it isn't available in any 2.x series tarball.
However, 2.6.2 with the sleep fix works well for me for
OFXDirectConnect sessions. I don't have any other type of bank
connections I can test.

Dave
--
David Reiser