Question about install options

Jayson Barr jbarr at nmt.edu
Mon Jun 9 16:20:28 PDT 2008

I am considering using macports to make packages for distribution at work.
I have a question about functionality:
Is it possible to configure macports in such a way as to make it so
that my current
installation layout (by this I mean file locations) will be preserved?

Basically I am having trouble finding documentation on this feature
talked about in MacPorts Guide:
"Allows you to create pre-compiled binary installers of ported
applications to quickly install software on remote computers without
compiling from source code."

Could someone point me to the right page?

thanks