New Howto

Jordan K. Hubbard jkh at apple.com
Tue Jun 10 13:04:15 PDT 2008

On Jun 10, 2008, at 9:27 AM, Lorin Rivers wrote:

> Leaving aside the issue of what the best platform for sharing the
> info might be. If nobody knows it's there, the kick-assingest wiki
> server the world has or will ever see is not going to address my
> suggestion in the slightest.

Well, to be fair, I thought I was trying to address that by suggesting
that there should be a "top level doc project" - individual projects
could point up to it just as easily as it could point down to them,
but it would be a clear "docs portal" for everyone.  I know not
everyone agrees with this assertion, but I think all the projects on
macosforge have more knowledge collectively in common than they
think.  I then look laterally to the success of projects like
wikipedia, which has a knowledge base and contributing community far
more vast by comparison, and cannot help but think "hmmm.."

> Just to refresh, there needs to be a link from the main MacPorts
> documentation site to the how-to's. As a first step, it's awesome.

No disagreement at all.  Links are cheap, people!   Use them!

- Jordan