Question regarding workaround for gnutar 1.20 on 10.5 (and related question about gcc)

Tabitha McNerney tabithamc at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 08:55:55 PDT 2008

Hello all (again) --

This is rather interesting. I separately installed the two gcc 4.2 ports
mentioned in my email that started this thread (apple-gcc42 and gcc42).
After each install, I attempted then to build and install (after first
cleaning) gnutar 1.20. In both cases gnutar 1.20 failed to install.

So I guess this means that the beta of gcc 4.2 is that which is likely
associated with pre-release of XCode 3.1? Any suggestions? Has anyone
successfully built gnutar 1.20 on Leopard 10.5.x?

Thanks,

T.M.