clam says boot.efi Broken.Executable

Landon Fuller landonf at macports.org
Sun Jun 29 18:50:47 PDT 2008

On Jun 29, 2008, at 2:43 PM, Brian Flaherty wrote:

> This is also what the --detect-broken option for clamscan is supposed
> to detect.  It doesn't seem odd (to me) that a boot file would be
> structured differently than a standard executable.

"EFI uses a subset of the PE32+ image format  with a modified header
signature.  The modification
to signature value in the PE32+ image is done to distinguish EFI
images from normal PE32
executables.  The “+” addition to PE32 provides the 64 bit relocation
fix-up extensions to standard
PE32 format. "

Intel EFI Spec v1.02, Section 4.2, EFI Image Header:
	http://download.intel.com/technology/efi/docs/pdfs/EFISpec_v102.pdf

Cheers,
-landonf