apache, postgresql, perl

Tom Allison tom at tacocat.net
Mon Jun 30 16:49:46 PDT 2008

Daniel J. Luke wrote:
> On Jun 25, 2008, at 2:54 AM, Tom Allison wrote:
>> Of course, as the result of this, right now I can't even get users to
>> run any cgi (eg: /~tom/works.cgi)

Something else is seriously wrong with this installation....

I stopped apache (apachectl stop) and the only change is that I get a
message that I do not have permission to access /~tom/ -- not that the
server is down.

OK, I went on a hunt and uninstalled, then deleted, then kill -9
anything that looked like apache.

Got that fixed.

Now that I have a new installation, there's no http.conf file -- copy
the sample one over and go from there?