where did GVim.app go?

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Thu Mar 6 09:50:11 PST 2008

Todd Wasson wrote:
> I haven't updated in quite a while, as I was waiting for things to calm down
> after Leopard, but I just updated vim-app and notice there there's no longer a
> GVim.app.  This was particularly useful as I could drag text files onto it and
> have it spawn off a Vim.app for each one.  If I drag them onto Vim.app, they
> replace the currently-edited document, which is not quite as useful for me.  I
> don't see any new ports or variants, and I couldn't find anything in the
> archives.  Any ideas?

GVim.app is some binary which is working on PowerPC only. Unfortunately,
I don't know whoever created it and how.

I don't like including binaries into ports at all, but I kept it
available on PowerPC; but it is not installed on Intel.

If you are able to provide a GVim.app for Intel (best in source form, so
it can be maintained), I would be glad to include it into the port again.

Rainer