matplotlib segfault

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Thu Mar 6 15:00:29 PST 2008

    skip>       File "/opt/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/matplotlib/backends/backend_gdk.py", line 29, in <module>
    skip>         from matplotlib.backends._backend_gdk import pixbuf_get_pixels_array
    skip>     ImportError: No module named _backend_gdk

    skip> Given that py25-matplotlib didn't depend on py25-gtk, my guess is
    skip> that it wasn't built with Gtk support.  How do I do that?

Nevermind, I think.  As it turns out if py25-gtk is already installed the
matplotlib build process will recognize its availability.  This is a bit
confusing, especially since the installed port lists as

    py25-matplotlib @0.91.2_0+tkinter

It would be kinda nice if it could somehow relay the fact that it also
supports gtk.

--
Skip Montanaro - skip at pobox.com - http://www.webfast.com/~skip/