matplotlib segfault

Adam Mercer ramercer at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 16:47:09 PST 2008

On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 6:00 PM,  <skip at pobox.com> wrote:

>  Nevermind, I think.  As it turns out if py25-gtk is already installed the
>  matplotlib build process will recognize its availability.  This is a bit
>  confusing, especially since the installed port lists as
>
>     py25-matplotlib @0.91.2_0+tkinter
>
>  It would be kinda nice if it could somehow relay the fact that it also
>  supports gtk.

Due to the way that matplotlib build system works it would be very
difficult to do what you suggest.  The tkinter, wxpython and gtk
variants setup up the default backends and ensure that the appropriate
dependencies are installed. However, if you already have the py25-gtk
installed, for example, then the matplotlib build system will find
this and build the required backend even if you didn't specify the gtk
variant.  I'm open to suggestions if you can come up with a better way
of doing this.

Cheers

Adam