error during installation of macport

Thomas De Contes d.l.tDeContes at free.fr
Wed Mar 12 18:10:19 PDT 2008

Le 12 mars 08 à 22:07, Ryan Schmidt a écrit :

> On Mar 11, 2008, at 22:14, Thomas De Contes wrote:
>
>> Le 10 mars 08 à 01:17, Adam Mercer a écrit :
>>
>>> Looks like a readline issue, do you happen to have a local readline
>>> installed in /usr/local or somewhere else?
>>
>> you're right :-)
>>
>> $ locate readline
>> /usr/include/readline
>> /usr/include/readline/history.h
>> /usr/include/readline/readline.h
>> /usr/lib/libreadline.dylib
>
> Those are a normal part of the OS and should be fine. Adam was
> talking about different and possibly old or incompatible versions
> of readline that some people end up with in /usr/local.

no, nothing in /usr/local,

but, i just think,
i had readline already installed by macports, can it be the cause ?

here is my script :
http://dl.free.fr/gKF9RMNwH/installer-macports

i tried to make a script which is able both to install or to update
macports, without the need for the user to tell what to do
i think i succeeded, except that it is economist neither in time nor
in disk space

>>> Try adding
>>> --enable-readline to the configure call.
>>
>> thank you, it works :-)
>
> Strange.
>

>> but, it's not noticed in http://www.macports.org/install.php#source
>
> But it says: To customize your installation you should read the
> output of "./configure --help | more"

i use --prefix, --with-install-user and --with-install-group, but i
think i needn't anything else
moreover, 6 months ago it worked fine
do you thing i may need someting without knowing that ?
(i'm searching wheather i could find all of that myself)

>> what could install readline ? a mac os x update ?
>>

>> approximately 6 months ago, i installed macports on the same computer
>> without problem
>>
>> will i need "--enable-readline" for any computer, or only for a few
>> cases ?
>
> 6 months ago, there was no --enable-readline switch in MacPorts,
> and it always enabled readline. The default was changed to not
> enable readline support, and only do it at a user's request. See
> r31139, r31140, r31161. Ironically, this was supposed to
> *eliminate* readline-related problems, not cause them. So something
> must've gone wrong. Without --enable-readline, MacPorts should not
> be looking for any kind of readline files.

curious, in the ./configure phase i got :

checking readline/readline.h usability... yes
checking readline/readline.h presence... yes
checking for readline/readline.h... yes
checking readline/history.h usability... yes
checking readline/history.h presence... yes
checking for readline/history.h... yes

i have a computer to test MacPorts before put it on my working
computer, so if you need ...

--
j'agis contre l'assistanat, je travaille dans une SCOP !