Maintainer away tracking

Salvatore Domenick Desiano sal at ri.cmu.edu
Mon Mar 17 06:52:01 PDT 2008

As a maintainer who is sometimes "away", I like the idea in principle,
but I think there may be a  simpler problem that will affect whether
this is necesary. The volume on the MP lists has gone up astronomically
of late, meaning that I have to shunt my MP email into a folder and read
it itermittently. If there was some way to indicate that something
required action by me, I would be much more responsive. I can't think of
anything particularly good, but perhaps a standard prefix of "action:
username" that I can filter for...

As for the proposal, it seems fine, since people can easily opt out. I
tend to think that people won't use it, but I see no harm in it.

I would, however, like to be a more responsive maintainer, so it would
be nice if there were some standard way to see which of the MP e-mails I
really need to read, and which can wait for a week or so.

-- Sal
smile.