Maintainer away tracking

Salvatore Domenick Desiano sal at ri.cmu.edu
Mon Mar 17 09:22:47 PDT 2008

o > o > If there was some way to indicate that something
o > o > required action by me,
o > o o like say, a ticket assigned or CC'd to you? ;-)
o >
o > Is that true? If I, at a minimum, look at all e-mails cc'd to me, will that
o > be sufficent to make sure I'm not holding anyone up? If not, maybe that
o > would be a good policy. I'm pretty sure there are tasks that don't require
o > tickets, so, I don't think that's enough, but maybe that would work...
o You can also query the Trac database to find cc'ed tickets:
o http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/query?cc=$EMAIL
o If you are set on CC for a ticket, Trac also sends the mail with your email
o address in the CC header. If you are the reporter or assignee, your email
o address is in the To header.

This requires polling. Is there a "push" way to ensure that you know
about any tickets for your ports? Can we guarantee that the
maintainer(s) are listed as CC's (I can't think of a situation where
they shouldn't be).

-- Sal
smile.