Maintainer away tracking

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Mon Mar 17 07:53:57 PDT 2008

Salvatore Domenick Desiano wrote:
> o > If there was some way to indicate that something
> o > required action by me,
> o like say, a ticket assigned or CC'd to you? ;-)
>
> Is that true? If I, at a minimum, look at all e-mails cc'd to me, will
> that be sufficent to make sure I'm not holding anyone up? If not, maybe
> that would be a good policy. I'm pretty sure there are tasks that don't
> require tickets, so, I don't think that's enough, but maybe that would
> work...

You can also query the Trac database to find cc'ed tickets:
http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/query?cc=$EMAIL

If you are set on CC for a ticket, Trac also sends the mail with your
email address in the CC header. If you are the reporter or assignee,
your email address is in the To header.

> Maybe, if someone is about to clarify the 72 hour rule, they could add
> "the 72 hours begins when the maintainer has been directly e-mailed
> regarding the change".

Right, this should be added.

Rainer