"unable to execute -DNDEBUG" - strange gnucash build failure

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Mar 17 23:43:26 PDT 2008

On Mar 18, 2008, at 01:18, Cameron Simpson wrote:

> On 18Mar2008 00:26, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> You don't need to manually link python2.5 to python. Use the
>> python_select
>> port instead.

[snip]

> Is python_select a macports thing or more general? The man page
> doesn't
> document the options (besides mentioning that they exist). How to fix
> that?

python_select was created by MacPorts contributor Markus Weissman for
the MacPorts project. Its source is in the MacPorts repository:

http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/users/mww/select/

You can send suggestions to Markus, or file tickets for them in our
issue tracker, or look at the source and submit patches...