Fwd: [pymetar-dev] man py-metar

Charlse Darwin macports.users at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 06:28:32 PDT 2008

Begin forwarded message:
From: Tobias Klausmann <klausman-pymetar at schwarzvogel.de>
Date: March 23, 2008 9:16:25 AM EDT (CA)
To: pymetar-dev at schwarzvogel.de
Subject: Re: [pymetar-dev] man py-metar

Hi!

On Sun, 23 Mar 2008, Charlse Darwin wrote:
> Is there any man page for py-metar? How do I use this thing

In a way, yes. Python has its own manpage-like docs system,
called, cunningly, pydoc.

So "pydoc pymetar" should give you a manpage-like description of
pymetars API (it's a library, so that's its primary
documentation). In case you don't have pydoc, the package comes
with a file called librarydoc.txt which is identical in content. As
for a more general description, there's also a README. Where
those files typically end up in the macports package system, I
don't know.

> $ uname -a
> Darwin Mac.local 8.11.0 Darwin Kernel Version 8.11.0: Wed Oct 10
> 18:26:00 PDT 2007; root:xnu-792.24.17~1/RELEASE_PPC Power Macintosh
> powerpc
> $ metar
> -bash: metar: command not found
> $ py-metar
> -bash: py-metar: command not found

Pymetar comes with two example scripts, called pymet and
weather.py. Both are examples only but might be enough for what
you need.

Unfortunately, I don't know where macports packages usually put
the auxillary files for installed packages. The packager might
also have removed the examples, though I doubt it.

Maybe someone else on the -dev list can shed a light on this?

Regards,
Tobias

--
printk("3c505 is sulking\n");