[pymetar-dev] man py-metar

Charlse Darwin macports.users at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 09:32:49 PDT 2008

On Mar 23, 2008, at 10:55 AM, paul beard wrote:
On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 6:28 AM, Charlse Darwin
<macports.users at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Begin forwarded message:
> From: Tobias Klausmann <klausman-pymetar at schwarzvogel.de>
> Date: March 23, 2008 9:16:25 AM EDT (CA)
> To: pymetar-dev at schwarzvogel.de
> Subject: Re: [pymetar-dev] man py-metar
>
> Hi!
>
> On Sun, 23 Mar 2008, Charlse Darwin wrote:
>> Is there any man page for py-metar? How do I use this thing

And as noted, there are sample scripts:
# weather.py kbfi
Weather report for Seattle, Seattle Boeing Field, WA, United States
(kbfi)
as of 2008-03-23 13:53:00Z
Values of "None" indicate that the value is missing from the report.
Temperature: 6.7 C / 44.1 F

and in ~/.profile you can add the following:

alias weather='weather.py you_loc | grep Temperature | sed s/
Temperature:\ /\/'

Rel. Humidity: 88%
Wind speed: 4.02 m/s (3 Bft)
Wind direction: 120 deg (ESE)
Pressure: 1016 hPa
Dew Point: 5.0 C / 41.0 F
Weather: rain; mist
Sky Conditions: overcast

They will likely provide a lot of useful details.

--
Paul Beard / www.paulbeard.org/
<paulbeard at gmail.com/paulbeard at gmail.com>