dbus issue

Joe Schnide jschnide at umn.edu
Wed Mar 26 11:46:38 PDT 2008

Hello,

Recently did the selfupdate and update installed ports. Now
when I try to run deluge, X11 starts fine but I get the error:

Failed to start message bus: Failed to read directory
"/opt/local/etc/dbus-1/session.d": No such file or directory
EOF in dbus-launch reading address from bus daemon
I look in the directory reffered to and see:
-rw-r--r--   2 root  admin  2524 Mar 25 05:56 session.conf
-rw-r--r--   2 root  admin  2545 Mar 25 05:56 system.conf
drwxr-xr-x   4 root  admin   136 Mar 25 05:56 system.d

This began only after the most recent updating of ports.

I was getting the console messages about org.freedesktop.avahi-daemon
Looked at the ticket at
http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/ticket/14163

Ran the commands and cleared up the console errors.

There are a couple of other users getting this same
error when trying to start deluge after doing updates.

Please let me know fi I can provide further information.

Thanks
Joe
--
-------