Difficulties installing Gnumeric

Pete Crite hypocrite at lawyer.com
Sat Mar 29 14:25:52 PDT 2008

"which make" resulted in:
no make in /opt/local/bin /opt/local/sbin /bin /sbin /usr/bin /usr/
sbin /usr/texbin /usr/local/bin

I had a rummage around the XcodeTools.mpkg with Pacifist, and managed
to find some packages that i thought (erroneously) should have
installed /usr/bin/make (>DevTools > DevToolsREAL >
DeveloperToolsCLI.pkg and >CommandLineSupport > CompilerAndTools >
DeveloperToolsCLI.pkg). Anyway, I used Pacifist to re-install
DevTools, which resulted in a total computer meltdown!! 8 hours
later, and I'm back up with a reinstalled OS 10.4.11 + everything
else that was lost.... <sigh>

Anyway, after all this, I worked out that the minimum installation
requires (at least) "Xcode IDE and Tools" and "Xcode command line
support". I ran the installation overnight. It almost completed,
except for the following:

<<<<< Error message >>>>>

Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command " cd "/opt/
local/var/macports/build/
_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_python_
py25-numpy/work/numpy-1.0.4" && /opt/local/bin/python2.5 setup.py
config_fc --fcompiler g95 --f77exec /opt/local/bin/g95 --f90exec /opt/
local/bin/g95 build " returned error 139
Command output: Running from numpy source directory.

Error: The following dependencies failed to build: py25-gtk py25-
cairo py25-numpy

--
Lee Yeoh
<iamadonut at berlin.com>