Perl 5.8 build failing

Steven Scholnick scholnicks at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 17:25:56 PDT 2008

I've been tying to install the ImageMagick perl module, and it is
crashing on the installation of perl 5.8.  The error is:

./perl installperl
--destdir=/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_lang_perl5.8/work/destroot
Can't find 'boot_File__Glob' symbol in lib/auto/File/Glob/Glob.bundle
 at lib/File/Glob.pm line 96
Compilation failed in require at installperl line 132.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at installperl line 132.
make[1]: *** [install.perl] Error 255
make: *** [install] Error 2

I also tried to install pert5.10, same error.  I saw a bug opened for
this issue that hasn't been addressed.

Is there anyway for me to let macports use my pre-existing Leopard
version of perl 5.8.

I am running 10.5.2 on a PPC G4.

Thanks,

-steve