doxygen fails to build

Emmanuel Hainry milosh at macports.org
Mon Mar 31 01:53:39 PDT 2008

Citando Rainer Müller :
> Florian Ebeling wrote:
>>>  A lot of TeX related errors, do you have texlive or teTeX?
>>
>> I have texlive in version @2007_4. This is also a declared dep
>> of doxygen. Can I substitute it with teTeX?
>
> Well, I thought it might be a problem with teTeX. Actually doxygen has a
> dependency on /opt/local/bin/pdflatex which could be provided by either
> teTeX or texlive.
>
> I don't think substituting with teTeX will help. It works fine for me
> with texlive @2007_4. Maybe try to uninstall doxygen completely and then
> try again to install it?

I'm afraid the error lies in the texlive install:

kpathsea: Running mktexfmt pdflatex.fmt
I can't find the format file `pdflatex.fmt'!

indicates that pdflatex was badly installed. You may have to rebuild
texlive (texlive_base in fact), but hopefully, retrying the
post-activate phase may render texlive working. You can try to

sudo mktexlsr
sudo fmtutil-sys --all
sudo updmap-sys --syncwithtrees

and see if it repairs things. (the fmtutil line is the one supposed to
take care of those fmt files).

Hope this solves your problems,
Emmanuel