gnome-libs fails to install/python bindings for GNOME print

David Rowe david.rowe at freeuk.com
Sun May 4 06:17:10 PDT 2008

David Rowe wrote:
> . . . .
> Does anyone have any suggestions on what port I should install to get
> the 'python bindings for GNOME print' with py25.

Sorry folks, that was a touch of RTFM.

http://www.gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Installation
says:

    Additional software GRAMPS can benefit from
    GRAMPS does not rely on the following programs, however, having them
    will increase your productivity:

        * *Gnome-print*: It adds the ability to directly print, to
          preview, and to generate fully internationalized PS and PDF
          output. At this time, one needs to install
          gnome-python-desktop to obtain this package.

I have now installed gnome-python-desktop and that did the business

David Rowe