Problems upgrading Mercurial

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon May 5 01:01:06 PDT 2008

On May 4, 2008, at 9:53 PM, Peter Kropf wrote:

> I'm trying to upgrade my installation of mercurial and get this error:
>
> running build_ext
> building 'mercurial.mpatch' extension
> creating build/temp.macosx-10.3-i386-2.5
> creating build/temp.macosx-10.3-i386-2.5/mercurial
> -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes
> -I/opt/local/include/python2.5 -c mercurial/mpatch.c -o
> build/temp.macosx-10.3-i386-2.5/mercurial/mpatch.o
> unable to execute -DNDEBUG: No such file or directory
> error: command '-DNDEBUG' failed with exit status 1
> Warning: the following items did not execute (for mercurial):
> org.macports.destroot org.macports.build
> Error: Unable to upgrade port: 1
>

> Anyone know what's causing this? And possibly a fix?

Are you on Leopard, and if so, did asking to upgrade mercurial first
cause some other port to get upgraded? If so, you're running into a
common problem for Leopard users with many ports, for which we don't
yet have a permanent solution. Fortunately, the workaround is very
simple: just try upgrading mercurial again.